Panthers Involved in FCA’s Coastal Area Banquet

Ann Twigg, Advisor

On February 13, Ocean Lakes Campground hosted the 2018 Fellowship of Christian Athletes Spring Banquet, featuring Shane Williamson, FCA’s President and CEO.  Williamson, by the way, was our first varsity football coach at CFHS when we opened in 1997.  FCA members who attended were Bowman Davis, Julien Gibbs, and Madalyn Wellons, along with Jesse Patrick and Ann Twigg, two of our teachers.

Business leaders across our Coastal region, along with coaches and athletes on the professional, collegiate, high school, and middle school levels, gathered to help support our 95 FCA huddles across our area, including Coastal Carolina University.

Sea Captain’s House of Myrtle Beached catered the event to add to the celebration.  A seat was $75 each, or a group could sponsor a table for $500.

Julien Gibbs, one of our seniors, was one of three high school students from our district asked to speak at the event.  “It was a privilege to be able to share what God has done in my life.  The free food was nice, too!”

Ann Twigg, one of our teachers and a co-sponsors of our FCA, was also asked to share her involvement with FCA the past 22 years.

FCA meets every Thursday in the mini-gym during lunch for weekly devotions, speakers, and fellowship.  Coach Satterwhite treated the students and teachers to a pizza lunch last week.  Everyone is welcome!