A Mission To Save The Sharks!

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Mission To Save The Sharks!

Christyanna Marchiano, Staff Writer

Sharks have always been a vital animal in all marine ecosystems. According to 4ocean.com, “Sharks help keep the ocean environment balanced by feeding on some potentially destructive fish populations from taking over a particular location.” These animals have been around for more than 400 million years. However, the shark population is drastically declining due to human activity. Sharks have been killed for meat and fins, as well as being entangled by fishing nets and ingesting plastic trash.

Mrs. Tracy, a psychology teacher at Carolina Forest High School and a fan of beaches, says, “I believe that we need to protect the top of the food chain in order to keep ocean ecosystems balanced!”

Because of this, 4ocean is helping to raise awareness to fight the debris problem and is partnering up with Project AWARE®️ to help clean up oceans.

“In honor of shark conservation, 4ocean is offering the Shark Bracelet. Each bracelet sold removes one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines so that dangerous items like plastic and marine debris never have a chance to make it into the open ocean where they might be encountered by sharks or the prey they eat,” according to 4ocean.com.

By purchasing the Shark Bracelet, it removes trash and supports shark conservation, so help spread the message to save the sharks!