Summer Movie Bucket List!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Summer Movie Bucket List!

Christyanna Marchiano, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again! School is almost out, and summer is about to begin! Students are waiting to finally put the school year to rest and hang out with friends and family. Many of us will have numerous dates with Netflix this summer. Check out these movies for some relaxation and escape!

If you’re someone who loves to watch summer romance, “The Last Summer” is the perfect movie! This movie is about a group of teenagers who experience friendship and love during their last summer ever in high school. The cast includes KJ Apa, Maia Mitchell, Halston Sage, Tyler Posey, and Jacob Latimore. This movie has perfect mix of romance, comedy, and drama.

Kaitlyn Andresen, a senior at Carolina Forest High School, says, “If you’re a senior you will relate to this extremely!”

For those who would rather watch something more thrilling, then I highly recommend “Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.” In this move, Zac Efron plays Ted Bundy, an American kidnapper, murderer, and psychopath who killed dozens of young women in the 1970s. Based on true events, this movie chronicles Ted Bundy’s murders and his intense court trial. Some other cast members include Lily Collins, James Hetfield, Kaya Scodelario, Jim Parsons, and John Malkovich.

Another great movie to watch this summer would be “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before.” This movie is about a young girl whose love letters she’s written to her five crushes, get mysteriously delivered to all the boys. Some familiar actors who star in the movie are Noah Centineo, Lana Condor and Janel Parrish.

Annika Hardy, a junior at Carolina Forest High School, says, “This movie is adorable! I love it because it’s about an innocent romance between a not-so-popular girl, and a lacrosse player. Definitely a classic!”

One final movie that would be great to watch is “The Set Up.”  It’s about two assistants who are overworked come up with a plan to set up their two bosses together in order to give them a break. The cast includes Zoey Deutch, Glen Powell, Pete Davidson, Lucy Liu and Taye Diggs.

Cammie McCollum and Katie Yarborough both feel it is a funny movie, and “it’s a reflection of real life.”

These movies are most definitely a must watch to kickoff the summer in full swing!