New Netflix Original: “The Society”

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Netflix Original: “The Society”

Christyanna Marchiano, Staff Writer

Netflix has been known for its many popular original shows and films. Almost everyone you meet will tell you that Netflix is one of the best places to find amazing things to watch! Recently, Netflix has been adding so many good, binge-worthy shows. One of my current obsessions on Netflix at the moment is called “The Society.”

“The Society” is a show about a group of teenagers who have left their small town to go on a camping trip. However, when a storm hits and forces them to leave the trip, they return to find all of the adults gone and all alone. This slowly becomes dangerous when they soon realize that they cannot leave town because the area is surrounded by dense forest and have no sign of other life around them. Previous laws and rules in the town no longer matter as the teens begin to create their own society.

Madison Bolin, a senior at Carolina Forest High School, says, “This show is so bomb! If you haven’t seen it yet, you’re missing out!”

Cassandra Pressman (played by Rachel Keller) and Allie Pressman (played by Kathryn Newton) team up to lead the group and plan to figure out what is happening. However, others don’t agree with the sisters’ leadership. Harry Bingham (played by Alex Fitzalan) and Campbell Eliot (played by Toby Wallace) are just a few of the people who are against Cassandra and Allie and who try and overthrow them as the leaders of the new society.

If you’re looking for a really good show to watch, then I highly recommend “The Society.”