Netflix’s Outer Banks Returning – Are You Ready?

Madeline Maggi, Staff Writer

On July 30, 2021, “Outer Banks” will be returning to Netflix for a second season. Fans all over the world mostly binged watched the show back during quarantine in April 2020. It became one of the most popular shows on Netflix, involving many love triangles, bad guys, various lifestyles, cliffhangers, and much more. It is a good show for teens and adults.

Sophia Bourcier, a freshman, claims, “I am a fan of “Outer Banks” because every other episode leaves a climax, and it is entertaining.”

The plot of season one is that the main character, John B, goes on a treasure hunt for his missing father at sea with his best friends. There are two different lifestyles in the Outer Banks. The Pogues are the poor people, and Kooks are the rich people. John B and his best friends are Pogues. He falls in love with Sarah Cameron, a Kook, during the hunt. The Pogues are sketchy about her first but then she joins the hunt too. At the end of Season One, John B and Sarah head to the Bahamas.  

After Season One, people have been begging for Season Two, and now it is coming back. Fans kept begging for the Season Two trailer and the storyline, which was released on June 9, 2021. All the cast and even the “Outer Banks” social media have been advertising it.

The plan is to still have the original cast and have some new cast members join; and yes, the setting is still located in the Outer Banks, despite being filmed in Charleston. Also John B and his girlfriend will start out in the Bahamas still looking for John B’s father’s gold.

Some things that fans want for the next season is JJ to have a romance, a Pogues reunion, more of Topper (Sarah’s ex-boyfriend), fan work, and more of Sarah and John B’s cute moments. There is always something for a fan of the show to look forward to between episodes. 

Leslie Cooper, a junior, shares, “I’m so excited because it was filmed in Charleston, and it reminds me of home. It allows me to live vicariously through teenagers having fun.”

“Outer Banks” Season Two will hopefully be a big hit like Season One. The show will probably get more fans to renew for a Season Three. There are some haters and lovers of the show. Either way, “Outer Banks” Season Two is what fans have been waiting for over a year.