CFHS NJROTC

Carolina Forest High School is home to a thriving NJROTC (Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps) program. The program has been around for over 20 years and has established itself as a major part of the school’s curriculum.

The NJROTC program is open to all students who meet the eligibility requirements, regardless of whether they plan to pursue a career in the military. The program is led by retired U.S. Navy personnel who have extensive experience in leadership, military protocol, and training.

One of the primary goals of the NJROTC program at Carolina Forest High School is to develop students’ leadership skills. Students participate in a wide range of activities and exercises designed to teach them how to work effectively as part of a team, make sound decisions under pressure, and communicate effectively with others. The program also provides students with opportunities to take on leadership roles, such as serving as cadet officers or drill team commanders.

Physical fitness is also a key component of the NJROTC program Students engage in regular physical training exercises, including running, calisthenics, and weightlifting. The program emphasizes the importance of maintaining good health and physical fitness, and many students who participate in NJROTC also participate in other sports and fitness activities offered by the school.

Discipline and self-control are also emphasized in our NJROTC program. Students are required to adhere to strict codes of conduct, including wearing a uniform and following a set of rules and regulations. These standards help students develop self-discipline and responsibility, which can translate to success in other areas of their lives.

The NJROTC program also includes academic coursework in naval science. The curriculum covers a wide range of topics, including naval history, shipboard organization, navigation, and leadership principles. The program also includes field trips and other activities designed to provide students with hands-on learning experiences.

Overall, the NJROTC program is highly successful, with many students going on to pursue careers in the military or attending prestigious universities. The program has helped students develop strong leadership skills, maintain physical fitness, and instill discipline and responsibility.