Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff
Alessa Swor
Staff Writer/Media Production

Hey, my name is Alessa Swor. I am a sophomore, and this is my first semester on The Prowler. I love spending time with family and friends, and I enjoy listening to music. Once I graduate, I plan on attending...

The 2024 Election

The 2024 Election

Ever since the controversy concerning the 2020 election, politics have never really been the same, and people of all ages have realized how truly important their vote is. 

With the 2024 election coming up soon, it’s important to know who is worth your vote. 

Within the United States of America, there are multiple political parties, including Democratic, Republican, Independant, Reform, Libertarian, Socialist, Natural Law, Constitution, and Green Law. Over the years of the American government, Republican and Democratic parties have become the leading parties in nearly every election held. 

For the 2024 election, the Republican party has more candidates running than the Democratic or Independent Party. 

The Republican party has a total of seven candidates running for President. These include Donald Trump, Nikki Haley, Vivek Ramaswamy, Asa Hutchinson, Chris Christie, Ron Desantis and Ryan Binkley. The leading candidate in early polls is previous President Donald Trump. Despite being in the lead, he is facing major controversy over his name not being allowed on the voting ballot in multiple states. Due to the insurrectionists clause and his involvement in the January 6 attacks, he is not allowed to hold office. However, he is currently trying to appeal the ruling. 

As of January 2, 2024, only three Republican candidates qualified for the final debate in Iowa, including former President Donald Trump, former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, and Florida Governor Ron Desantis. Only DeSantis and Haley will be in attendance for the final debate, while Trump skipped the first four debates and the final before the primary.

As for the Democratic Party, there are only three candidates running for President. President Joe Biden is looking for a second term; writer and speaker Marianne Williamson and lawyer Robert F. Kennedy Jr are both running. Neither Williamson or Kennedy are running “against” Biden, but according to TeenVogue, both believe the country is “going in the wrong direction.”

Junior Brooke Geoghagen is going to be voting for the first time in 2024.

“I’m really excited about voting. I’m not exactly sure who I’m voting for, but I’ve already registered to vote. I’ve learned that voting is very important and can make a big difference.”

The campaign still has many obstacles to go through before any results are finalized. Overall, this year’s candidates are all worthwhile.