Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff
Ella Monday
Ella Monday
Staff Writer/ Media Production

Hi! My name is Ella Monday, and I am a junior. This is my first semester on The Prowler, and I am super excited to see what this semester brings. I run track and cross country for CF, and I am a Teacher...

CCU Teacher Cadets on Campus

There are many classes that Carolina Forest High School offers students. One of those classes is Teacher Cadet (Education 101). This class is provided through the South Carolina Center for Educator Recruitment, Retention, and Advancement Center (CERRA) and Coastal Carolina University. This class is focused on students who are considering education/teaching as a career.

Teacher Cadets is for high-achieving juniors and seniors who  gain leadership skills and life-enriching experiences while taking the semester class. Teacher Cadet has been around for 34 years and is serving many schools throughout the state of South Carolina. Upon completion of the program, all eligible students will receive a three-hour college credit along with high school credit, which is AP-weighted.

During the semester, students are heavily involved with an educational curriculum that encompasses hands-on activities, discussions, and projects that center on psychology and brain-based concepts. The students are also required to complete a three-week internship at one of our Carolina Forest cluster schools.

Ann Twigg has taught this program for 15 of her 36 years as a teacher, “Teaching this class is so rewarding.  We end up being a true school family, and I attribute that to the education curriculum and activities. Most of the students leave the class knowing their career choice as they begin their life journey in college,” shared Twigg.

Junior Jalee Cala decided to join the Teacher Cadet Program because she would like to be a teacher. She interned at Carolina Forest Elementary School, in Mrs.Volpe’s Child Development class.

“I loved this class and especially loved my internship. If you are looking to become a teacher, I would definitely recommend taking this course. If you are unsure but are interested in education, I recommend it! The internship will definitely help to form your thoughts on the career,” added Cala.

There are some students like senior Alexis McCann, who were unsure about taking the class. She had a friend who was taking it, and she decided why not take it with her. McCann was based at Ocean Bay Elementary in Ms. Panepinto’s second grade class. 

McCann states, “I enjoyed the program and the relationship that was built amongst the class was amazing. Along with the relationships I built in the class, I enjoyed having the ability to be in the internship and create relationships with younger students.. If you are even slightly interested in a career in the education field, take Teacher Cadet. It can definitely help you make your decision!”

If you are thinking of a career in education, and are a rising junior or senior with a 3.0 GPA or higher, speak with your guidance counselor or Ms.Twigg in Tech 3 about this class!  Applications will be available on February 1, 2024.