Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Isabella Stachowiak
Isabella Stachowiak
Staff Writer/Media Producer

Hello! My name is Isabella Stachowiak, and I am currently a junior. This is my first year being on The Prowler, and I am so excited. I participate in many extracurriculars like cross country, track, and...

Coastal Grand Mall “Youth Escort Policy”

Imaged Credit: Google

Have you heard of the new policy? The Coastal Grand Mall in Myrtle Beach, S.C. has announced the “ Youth Escort Policy” to help with the rise of unsupervised youth. The Youth Policy will take effect on Friday, February 23, that anyone under 18, must be accompanied by an adult who is 21 years or older on Fridays and Saturdays after 4 p.m.

The mall designed this policy due to the multiple complaints from shoppers and retailers about inappropriate behavior, shoplifting, and unsupervised kids that interrupt people’s shopping experiences. 

“I think that it’s a good thing they are setting some type of rule. It is necessary! This new rule will help the mall out so much by less crowds and not having to worry so much if something is going to be stolen. It’ll also be a lot easier for workers to get work done without having to kick people out because they don’t know how to behave,” said junior Alya Price. 

The mall security staff will monitor the entrances and begin checking IDs at 4. p.m. and approach anyone who they think is an unsupervised minor and ask for identification as proof of age. If security finds an unsupervised minor, they will be taken to a designated area and be asked to get picked up. Anyone who violates and refuses to leave the premises, will be prosecuted for trespassing. This policy will not affect employed teens who work at the mall after 4 P.M.

The policy also states that any unsupervised minors can’t be in exterior areas of the mall, walkways, and corridors leading to the mall, or congregate in the mall parking lot. 

The policy is effective throughout the mall except for Cinemark, Stars and Strikes, or interior entrances such as Belk, JCPenney, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Dillard’s. 

Freshman Tyanna Stewart explains, “I think it’s dumb. No one is going to follow it so I don’t see the point in it, but I understand why they made it because a lot of kids are very immature and don’t know how to act without authority.” 

It will be interesting to see how effective the new policy is once it is put into place later this month.