Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Audrey Austin
Audrey Austin
Staff Writer/ Media Producer

Hi! My name is Audrey Austin! I am a senior at CFHS, and this is my first year on The Prowler. I am a member of NEHS, SNHS, our school's lacrosse team, and a Teacher Cadet. I enjoy things like reading,...

Bob Marley: One Love

The new “Bob Marley:  One Love” movie debuted as a memoiral to Marley and his music.  It portrays his life through his music, growing up in poverty and how he wanted his music to bring people together through peace.  The film also informs the audience about his message of love and how he impacted the world.  Even after 40+ years, his music still influences others. 

Bob Marley was known as one of the pioneers of reggae music. He was born February 6, 1945 in Nine Mile, Jamaica and died May 11, 1981 at the age of 36 in Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL. 

Marley was buried in Jamaica where he was born but then almost two decades later was relocated to Ethiopia. He was reburied in a chapel near his birthplace of Rastafarianism for a spiritual resting place. In his casket was his red Gibson Les Paul guitar, a Bible opened to Psalm 23, and a soccer ball.

Bob Marley produced reggae music, which is a popular music genre that originated in Jamaica around the late 1960s and became popular around the United States in the 1970s. He believed reggae music could stop violence. He thought it could bring nations together and end differences. He also thought his life was for the people and not himself.

According to Rotten Tomatoes, some critics think that this movie was okay but could have been better. They thought it didn’t capture enough of the artist and more of the music. Some even believed that it should have had a different title.

Kingsley Ben-Adir, who played Bob Marley, portrayed him spectacularly and put his heart into the role. He had took guitar and voice lessons, which made it feel like he was Bob Marley while performing on the stage and acting. The casting directors also casted a perfect cast where all of the actors have similar features and resemble the original people they were casted as.

I personally think that the movie that was made in his honor was really good and would recommend watching it if you like Bob Marley and his music.

Image: Google.com