Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff
Taylor Sasser
Taylor Sasser
Staff Writer/ Media Producer

Hello! My name is Taylor Sasser, and I'm currently a junior. This is my first year on The Prowler, and I am so excited! I am a Panther Ambassador and a member of Anchor Club. Outside of school, I do theatre...

CFHS Art – Time to Shine

Art is an important aspect of some high school student’s success in school or life, allowing students to communicate in many different ways by expressing themselves and their feelings. Different ways a student can present their art is through paintings, drawings, dance, pottery, and more. It allows them to develop creativity, critical thinking skills, and working with others. This can help the student to grow and build self-confidence.  It improves their mental health by becoming a way to relieve stress and anxiety.  

At Carolina Forest, we have a growing art community. The art electives are quite diverse. We offer Art 1, Art 2, Art 3, Art Appreciation, AP Drawing 2d, AP Drawing 3d, Ceramics 1 and 2, Digital Art, Digital Photography 1 and 2, Sculpture, and Painting.

We have many talented artists, whose artwork is currently being highlighted in various museums such as Art Fields and the Burroughs and Chapin High School Juried Art Show.

Our artists who are in the Burroughs and Chapin High School Juried Art Show are Andre Gaskins (junior), Novaluz Green (sophomore), Alexa Halling (senior), Emma Kirchner (junior), Lauralai Mello (senior), Denaia Merriweather (senior), Camden Schilling (senior), and Fani Velaquez (senior).

Andre Gaskins, a student in Burroughs and Chapin High School expressed, “When I took digital photography, I never expected to become good at taking pictures or even get my work put into an art show.”

Art Fields is another popular contest that’s located in Lake City, SC, that started in 2013. They give out prizes worth up to $100,000 to the winners.  The Art Fields honors students of the south east as a celebration/competition for students to have a chance to win cash prizes up to $100,000.

Our artists who are in the Art Fields Show are Lauralai Mello (senior), Tru Marsh (senior), William Chaney (senior), and Fani Velaquez (senior).

“The piece is for my college board portfolio that is based on insecurities, so art has helped me with college,” expressed Lauralai Mello. 

Art has many benefits in our society. Art in education can spark creativity and imagination in students who need that extra step of help thinking outside the box. It allows students to find a deeper connection with various cultures found in art. 

Kristen Dutka, one of our art teachers states, “I have been teaching at Carolina Forest High School for 17 years and also graduated from here. Art is in everything and is a release for everything that gets to us.”

If you are looking for a change in your life, maybe taking one of the many art classes Carolina Forest High School offers would benefit you!