This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Let’s Go Green…the Masters

Lets Go Green...the Masters

The Masters is one of the biggest golf tournaments in the world. Golf fanatics look forward to watching, going, and placing their bets on who will win.  From April 11 – 14, the world’s best golfers came from all over the world to participate.  If you win the Masters once in your life, you can play in the tournament forever. On day one, Bryson DeChambeau was the leader. At the end of the second day, Bryson DeChambeau, Max Homa, and Scottie Scheffler were all tied for the lead.

Scottie Scheffler took home the Masters title on Sunday evening. He has won twice now, both being in the past three years. Scheffler is ranked number one in the world. Scheffler’s wife was two weeks away from having their first child, so she was not in attendance. He secured 3.6 million dollars after his win.

Golf legend Tiger Woods played in this year’s tournament. Fans were shocked at his performance. At the end of the tournament, he finished last. While he was walking out, he was visibly upset and ignored all his fans. He did not give a single high five to anyone.

“Some of my greatest memories of golf happened at Augusta National. There are few events that bring so much anticipation each year. It’s a sign of sunnier days, warmer weather, and summer that will be filled with wonderful golf,” stated Jeremy Monday, Senior Director of Campus Environment at Coastal Carolina University.

The Masters is the only major tournament conducted by a private club rather than a national golf organization like the PGA. Therefore, the golfers who play in the LIVE tournament are allowed to compete with the PGA golfers.

Neal Shipley, a twenty-two-year-old from Pittsburgh, was the lone amateur to make the cut and play in this tournament. He was paired with Tiger Woods and was allowed in the Butler Cabin. He shot a 1-over 73 on Sunday, winning the Silver Cup as the low amateur.

“To me, the Masters exemplifies the beauty of the sport, and I hope to get a green jacket one day. expressed senior golfer Daniel Allen.

The idea of the “green jacket” was introduced in 1937. The purpose was that after one wins this very big tournament to make them stand out as winners. So, every person who has ever won can wear their jacket while a new winner is receiving theirs.

Golfers and fans wait all year for this amazing tournament. This year’s competition did not disappoint.

Picture Credits: Google