Poll

This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?

Dance Moms: The Reunion

Five years after the last episode of “Dance Moms” aired, Chloe Lukasiak, Brooke and Paige Hyland, Kalani Hiliker, Kendall Vertes and JoJo Siwa reunited for a two hour special on Lifetime called “Dance Moms: The Reunion.”

“Dance Moms”: The Reunion is now available to watch on demand on Lifetime. The special brings together these star dancers as they take a look back at the show that became a worldwide sensation and made them household names. They were joined by moms Christi Lukasiak, Kelly Hyland, Kira Girard, Jill Vertes and Jessalyn Siwa.

In addition to the reunion, there is a new limited series hosted by Christi Lukasiak titled “Dance Moms: Epic Showdowns”. This 10 episode special revisits “the most explosive dance battles and jaw-dropping meltdowns from the series,” including memorable moments with dance coach Abby Lee Miller and the mom’s themselves. 

A couple of notable members from this series were absent from the reunion including Nia Sioux, Maddie and Mackenzie Ziegler, Holly Hatcher Frasier and Melissa Gisoni. 

Nia Sioux took to TikTok on April 30 to clear the air.

“Personally, I wasn’t going to say anything ’cause I just didn’t want to start drama — not that this would even start drama; it really shouldn’t,” she said. “And also, I didn’t want to make it because I don’t want it to seem like I’m searching for attention because I really don’t care. I really don’t need the attention.”

During the reunion the cast slams their co-stars who chose to miss this reunion.

“Here’s the thing, they’re not here so why are they still trying to make headlines with it? Don’t talk about “Dance Moms” if you don’t want to be a part of it,” Vertes says in response to her fellow actor’s decision.

Throughout the reunion, there were flashbacks of the most wild moments in the show. We then see that all of the members of this reunion have grown up since their time on the reality series. There was even a moment where viewers witnessed Paige and Brooke Hyland and JoJo Siwa meet for the first time because they were on the show at different points. The special starts off strong with a recap and discussion of the moment that changed the entire course of the show: Kelly Hyland and Abby Lee Miller’s infamous fight. While discussing this, the girls get emotional looking back at a time they call really difficult to watch and witness. In the end, there is no bad blood between any of the girls and the things that happened on the show.

“I  loved this reunion. I feel like it was very needed and something that I have wanted and have been looking forward to for a long time. I loved getting to see all of the girls’ accomplishments and what they have been doing since the show ended and just overall watching a reunion of the show I’ve loved for a long time,” senior Audrey Austin shared.

Some of the topics discussed during this two hour long show was JoJo Siwa’s music career and her new song and music video “Karma.”  Lukasiack opened up about her relationship with Brooklinn Khoury, and Kalani Hiliker sharing insight on her life and all of the personal changes she has accomplished. 

This reunion was very fun and something that I personally, as a “Dance Moms” fan, really enjoyed. It was really interesting to see everything that has happened over the last five years since the show ended or the last time the girls appeared on the show. This is a definite must watch if you’re ready to relive your favorite reality show.