Poll

This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?

CFHS Art Show

CFHS Art Show

Carolina Forest recently had its art show. So many creative and talented people submitted amazing art work. The show was hosted in the community room on Tuesday, May 14,  where many students and parents gathered inside to view all the different art. 

There were three different sections:  2D art, 3D art, and digital photography. 2D art is anything represented on a two dimensional surface. Shapes such as squares, triangles, circles, rectangles, etc., are all examples of a two dimensional surface. 3D art is a three dimensional form of art with height, weight and depth. It takes up more space and can be viewed from multiple different angles. Statues, sculptures, carvings, etc., are all examples of 3D objects. Digital photography is pretty self explanatory,;you just use a digital camera to take pictures instead of a camera that uses film.

The top three overall winners were Amelia Earl, a senior, who came in third place for creating the “Galleria Umberto 1” which was drawn in pen. Fani Velazquez, a senior, came in second place for creating a ceramic Macaw.  Our first place winner was Kerstin Webb, a junior, who won first place overall with her mixed media insects collage.

“The idea for my art piece came from the fact that I wanted to paint something beautiful. That’s when I thought of the framed insects. A lot of people pay top dollar and spend a lot of time preserving these insects. I thought it would be a great way to show the beauty of life and death and the idea of celebrating something beautiful even after death seemed pretty cool. The reason I decided to enter a piece into the art show is because I’ve loved art ever since I was a kid. It’s really one of the only hobbies I have, and if even just one person besides myself likes my art or thinks it’s inspiring in some way then as an artist I feel I’ve succeeded,” stated Webb.

A huge thank you and wonderful job to everyone who participated in this year’s art show.  There’s so many unrecognized and talented people here at Carolina Forest.