Poll

This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?

A Senior Goodbye

Screenshot
Screenshot

Graduation. It’s one word that every student can’t wait for, until it actually gets here. 

There are so many different things to get in order, such as: cap and gowns, senior photos, the senior walk at the elementary schools, adjusted exam schedules, absence makeup. The list goes on for miles. It is a big step to take in order to enter the next chapter of your life, but is everyone ready for that step? 

As a current senior, who is entirely too overwhelmed, I have some advice for the underclassmen who will be in my shoes within the next year or few years. 

My first piece of advice is to check your email! 

You don’t want to miss out on countless opportunities because you were too lazy to check your email. Every morning when you come to school, make it a habit to check it as soon as you open your chromebook or computer. If your computer is dead, an excuse I have used many times before, use your phone! We both know it’s always with you. 

Next up, enroll in the fun classes, too. 

Don’t be worried about just doing your required classes and then leaving for the day. Although it is super nice, as someone who doesn’t have a first or fourth block, you can actually miss out on some fun classes Carolina Forest has to offer. 

When I came here my sophomore year, I made a list of extracurriculars I wanted to take, but I got hung up in my AP and required classes that I missed out on classes like forensics, ceramics, media production, digital photography, and so many more. AP classes can be very helpful and beneficial in the long run, but they do fill up your schedule pretty quickly. The workload and amount of stress might not be worth missing out on other class opportunities for everyone. 

My final and most important piece of advice is simply to remember to have fun. 

Enjoy your last year; it will go by so fast. I thought I would have all the time in the world to experience and push through my senior year. Boy, was I wrong. There was so much I missed out on because I was too worried about work or wanting to sleep in. Take it from me, there will be plenty of time for work and sleep in the future. Hanging out with your friends before you all leave for college, not so much. Attend the games, go to Homecoming, dress up for spirit weeks, go to our musicals and plays, be a part of clubs and honors societies. Many forget that time is limited;  don’t waste what little time you do have. 

I am both honored and so sad to say that my senior year is coming to an end. I have decided to go to Penn State next year which is a long way from Carolina Forest. However, I am lucky enough to take the memories I have from these past three years with me. I will get to look back on all the fun times I had here. 

My time spent as editor on The Prowler, the many clubs and honors societies I took part in, the classes that would push me to go to school, the football games I dressed up to the nines for, the teachers who pushed me to be the best I could be, and all the amazing friends I have made along the way. 

So, this is my advice to all underclassmen as well as my goodbye to Carolina Forest. Thank you for the memories. Remember to make the most out of what you have and that once a Panther, always a Panther!