Poll

This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?

Summer Binges

Summer+Binges

With the school year coming to a close, that means summer is right around the corner with more free time.  If you’re looking for a series to binge this summer look no further. There are many different options whether you’re into sitcoms, drama, romance, mystery or adventure to stream online. After conducting some research and asking fellow classmates, there are three series that everyone should watch this summer.

You can never go wrong with watching a classic. “Gilmore Girls” is a seven season comedy drama series that is a favorite among teenagers and adults nationwide. “Gilmore Girls” is set in the fictional small town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut and follows a young, single mother  Lorelai Gilmore and her teenage daughter Rory while they experience the ups and downs of school, boys and family drama. With the lovable characters, interesting plot twists and several seasons, this is a perfect binge show.  This show on YouTube TV, Netflix and other streaming platforms. This series is the essence of nostalgia and you can watch it over and over again and not get tired of it. It’s witty, emotional, hilarious and real.

Senior Emma Robinson explains why she loves “Gilmore Girls.”

“Gilmore Girls is my favorite show because of the coziness and great characters. It is such a good binge watch because the plot is amazing without being overwhelming like other shows.”

Another great show that’s full of mystery, love and adventure is “Outer Banks.” Outer Banks is a mystery teen drama television series that premiered on Netflix in April 2020. This show follows a group of Pogue teenagers who live in Kildare, one of the islands in the Outer Banks, who are determined to figure out what happened to their ringleader, John B’s, missing dad. During their expedition, they discover a secret treasure tied to John B’s father. It was the perfect show to binge watch while in quarantine and still is a perfect show to watch now. This popular series has three seasons out now and a fourth one supposedly being released at the end of 2024. These characters face real life challenges and go on wild adventures together. 

A new show that has become an extremely popular watch, especially during the summer is“The Summer I Turned Pretty.” This series is based on the New York Times bestselling trilogy written by Jenny Han. You’ll fall in love with all of the characters, the plot and the romance. This series has had a choke hold on everyone since its release in June of 2022. The story follows 16-year-old Belly Conklin as she spends her summers in the fictional town of Cousins Beach with her mother, older brother, her mother’s childhood best friend and her sons, Conrad and Jeremiah. This series has stories of first love, first heartbreak and the magic of summer. 

Overall, these three shows are great to put on your binge list and will definitely keep you occupied during the summer.