Poll

This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?

Powder Puff 2024

One of our many fall traditions has actually followed us into spring. Dating back to 2011, Carolina Forest High School has hosted a powderpuff game almost every year. After a few delays, Kristen Kilheeney, Victoria Moore, and Ann Twigg were able to get the event approved and planned.  Due to weather conditions, this year’s annual event was Wednesday, May 15 – a day full of excitement for everyone involved.

Powder Puff is always a great event that brings fun competition to the classes.  The gender roles are swapped for a traditional game of football with a few modifications to the original rules. 

Your male football players are responsible for training a group of girls to be the next NFL players.  Players from both the JV and Varsity football teams are separated by grade level and become the role of coach for their team. 

“Coaching this year was fun. Despite not winning, the girls did great. I’m glad I got to participate again this year,” Ethan Hamilton, a senior, explained. 

The actual players on the field are girls from each grade level. The girls trained after school with their appropriate coaches until game day. Instead of suiting up in full pads and gear, the girls wore flags around their waist. In preparation, the coaches taught their players different strategies and plays in order to lead them to victory. 

So, what makes this powder puff? Not only are the players gender swapped but so are the cheerleaders. 

The sideline cheerleaders with high ponytails, bows, and flips are replaced with high school boys from all grade levels. 

They also had their own practices to learn different cheers and chants in order to root for the players (girls) on the field. 

All powderpuff cheerleaders were coached by CF’s very own JV and Varsity cheerleaders. They taught the boys how to do everything from toe touch to stunt. 

Game 1- Juniors vs Freshman 

Game 2- Seniors vs Sophomores

Game 3- Championship Game 

Game 1 involved the juniors vs. freshmen while the seniors and sophomores followed with their game.  The championship game ended up being the sophomores vs.  juniors. After four overtimes  the juniors took home the victory with 20 – 14.  

A part of the winning team was Ashlyn Britt. She shared some of her thoughts on the game. 

“Once we got the touchdown to win after some overtime, it felt so rewarding. After losing to them last year, the competition was intense this year,” said Britt.

Plans are already in the works for next year’s powder puff event.  A huge thank you to all who were involved in our big night in The Forest!