Poll

This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?

Books To Read This Summer

Summer is the perfect time to start reading. People can sit by the pool or the beach and catch a nice tan while reading. Books can provide entertainment to anyone no matter what age. 

Three books to help your mind travel to different places this summer are the following:  “It Ends With Us” by Colleen Hoover, “I Know What You Did Last Summer” by Lois Duncan, and “Bridge to Terabithia” by Katherine Paterson.

If you’re into the romance drama, “It Ends With Us” by Colleen Hoover is the perfect book for you this summer. This book is a deep novel that shows the issues of domestic violence. Hoover said it was one of her hardest books she has written since it was based on her parents’ relationship. The main character, Lily, meets this man named Ryle. As they start talking more Lily discovers the dark side of Ryle’s personality. Lily had reconnected to an old friend named Atlas while at a restaurant with Ryle which caused him to fill with anger. Ryle takes his anger out by hurting Lily, but she always forgives him. Later on she finally leaves him and gets with Atlas. This book will definitely have you feeling so many different emotions all at once.

“This book was so good, I stayed up almost all night reading the whole book without any breaks. I may have even cried a little reading it,” stated Ekaterina Fournier, a junior.

If you are into the mystery genre, “I Know What You Did Last Summer” by Lois Duncan is my recommendation to you. In this book there are four teenagers: Julie, Helen, Ray, and Barry. All four of them were involved in a hit-and-run which involved a teenage boy. They tried to cover up the crime thinking they got away with it, but the next summer they started receiving threatening messages and letters. Due to these messages, they all started confessing their darkest secrets from their past because of all the built up guilt. This book is very intriguing and will keep you guessing.

Jocelyn Goerner, a sophomore, stated “I read the book and watched the movie and they are both very interesting. It is definitely one of my favorites.”

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson is an amazing book for those who enjoy fantasy. In this book, Jess, who is very introverted, meets Leslie, who is extroverted and had just recently moved in the neighborhood. Although they are both very different, they create an amazing bond. As they started hanging out more, they swung across the creek in the woods using a rope that was already hanging. Once they get to the other side, Leslie discovers an abandoned tree house which they called Terabithia. Later on though, a horrible accident happens causing Jess to lose his best friend. This book is so well written.

Books are a great way to pass time, especially when staying home for the summer. Some may find books “boring” or “a waste of time,” but that’s just because they haven’t found the right book, or genre, for them.