Rock ‘n’ Swing Time

Kaya Perry and Amari Hunter

Carolina Forest performs four shows each year. Our most recent show was October 27-29, Rock ‘n’ Swing Time.

The show had several different performances from groups to solos.  There was also a wide range of song selections from “Santeria” by Sublime to “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake. The four choirs: *Showcase, *Soundwave, *Spotlights, and *New Generations had never performed these songs before.

Our show choir works hard to prepare for shows. Kenley Juback, President of Showcase, has been rehearsing since summer. Many students gave many hours on Tuesday and Thursday nights to prepare for the show.

“I try to practice every chance I get,” said Desiree Berry.

Hard work doesn’t just come from the performers. Kraig McBroom faces many obstacles when putting on these performances. This year McBroom had approximately 180 students.

“I had trouble finding space for all of the students on stage,” said McBroom.

All of the work put into this performance and similar shows is extremely apparent.  Paul Carotti, a senior who has participated in CFHS Performing Arts Shows the past three years, spends approximately 130 hours of rehearsal for each show.  As he was wrapping up a rehearsal for the show next month, he shared a few thoughts.

“I’ve realized that this time next year, I will not be here, wishing for practice to be over.  Everything we do has a last time ring to it, and I’ve never been so upset, and yet so thrilled, about the next chapter in my life,” reflected Carotti.  ” It’s so amazing to see how much I’ve grown as a person and as a performer from the first rehearsals.  Although being a senior is sad and scary, I’m ready to to see what the future holds for me.  I have left my impact and benefited greatly from our musical program.”

Many people can’t wait to see these shows because they’re breathtaking to witness. The music is wonderful as our students’ talents radiate off stage.

Don’t miss our “Holiday Spectacular” December 8-10!  Go on-line to cfhsperformingarts.com to reserve your seats!

*Showcase: Advanced Choir

*Soundwave: Intermediate Choir

*Spotlights: Women’s Choir

*New Generations: Mixed Choir