Sidewalk Chalk Festival

Hannah Ali, Staff Writer

On Saturday, April 28, Carolina Forest High School will be having a Chalk Off!

This event will be hosted by the National Art Honors Society in an effort to give the community a fun time with the use of art. The Chalk Off will begin at 10 a.m and end at 3 p.m. The event will be held at Carolina Forest High School.

There are multiple art activities to take part in, but the main event will be a sidewalk chalk competition. The goal is to create the best sidewalk chalk piece. The set time for the competition is from 10 a.m to 2 p.m, so that the judges will look over the works and chose a winner. The winner of the contest will be announced at 2:45 p.m. The winners will each receive an award.

Anyone who is elementary age and above is allowed to participate, so bring your friends and family! Everyone is allowed to have fun, regardless of age or school. 

Make sure that you have some money on you! In order to enter the competition, you may work as an individual for $10 or a group of 2-4 for $20. Part of the money will be used to for the purchase of chalk for the participants; an individual will only need one box, and a group will get two. The rest of the money will go to the National Art Honors Society fundraising to help fund CFHS’s Art Department.

Don’t want to be a part of the contest? There are multiple other events to enjoy, such as face painting, rock painting, crafting tables and other free community art activities. There will be food available for purchase around the events.

The National Art Honors Society hopes that the Carolina Forest High School Chalk Off will continue every year. They would love to have more than just Visual Arts be involved with this event in the future!

We hope to see you there!

To register, come and see Mrs. Dutka in the Art Studio next to the media center, or email her at [email protected].