Fellowship of Christian Athletes – A Busy Fall Semester

Fellowship of Christian Athletes has been involved in a variety of events and charities this semester.  The organization meets each Thursday in the mini-gym during lunch.  The meetings consists of student testimonies, along with guest speakers such as Ricky Sapp, a former Clemson and Eagles football player and our own assistant principal, Daniel Godfree.

During the past few months, they have been busy.  A small group attended Fields of Faith at St. James High School in November.  Students, teachers and communities from Horry and Georgetown counties were invited for this wonderful night of worship, skits and testimonies.  This year’s guest speaker was Dawn Smith, who spoke of her faith journey after the murder of her younger sister.  Ms. Smith was in her second year of college; her sister was two days away from her high school graduation.  It was a heartfelt night full of forgiveness and overcoming heartache.

The group also volunteered to work with Operation Christmas Child, packing over 55 boxes with toys and necessities to be sent overseas.  They also gathered winter coats, scarves, gloves, and blankets for the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association, South Carolina Chapter 34-3.

Jordan Morris, a senior, is the huddle leader.  She puts much effort in the planning of the meetings and events.  One major contribution that brought excitement to our campus was her endeavor of bringing back Powder Puff Night!  Originally scheduled for December 5, it has been postponed until after Christmas break due to all the rain.

“FCA is important to me because it’s a place where everyone can get together and worship God.  It’s also where we can meet new people since it’s an open club to everyone.  I love that we have the opportunity to get together every week and have something new planned, whether it’s participating in an activity or listening to a speaker share a life lesson,” shared Morris.

If you are looking for some fun and fellowship (and occasionally a pizza lunch), go to the mini-gym on Thursdays during lunch. A student does not have to be an athlete to attend.   It’s a great place to meet new friends!