• February 27Sophomores Place Class Ring Orders

• February 20ACT Testing

• February 18Hurricane Make Up Day

Tea and Its Benefits

Back to Article
Back to Article

Tea and Its Benefits

Rebekah Anderson, Staff Writer

Tea is the most consumed beverage right beneath water. Crazy, right? This drink cannot only change a person’s health, but it can also help with personal issues. Tea also has a lot less caffeine than coffee does. With over 3,000 varieties, tea is a favorable drink all around. Some flavors include  peppermint, cinnamon, chai, hibiscus, lemon, and so many more. Tea has been around for many years and has made a difference in multiple people’s lives for the better.

According to Peet’s Coffee, the history of tea began in 2737 B.C.E. when the Emperor Shen Nong, a skilled ruler and scientist, accidentally discovered tea.”

Tea can be made by just sticking an infused bag of tea leaves in a hot cup of water.  Adding different ingredients to the water can also make this soothing drink more healthy and immersed. Adding ginger will not only make a cup of tea have more spice and zing, but it could help cleanse the sinuses in the body and settle nausea and flu symptoms.

This may be out of the ordinary to add to tea, but putting almond or coconut milk in a cup of tea can make a creamy sensation.

One of our drama teachers, Terri Cox,  has a love for all kinds of tea. In her classroom, Mrs. Cox has a white board that advertises her tea choice for the day.

“Tea makes me realize how big the world is; tea is my ‘thing.’ It provides moments in my life to slow down and focus on things.  It always depends on the tea, but it always makes me feel lifted up.  I am always in love with new changes,” shares Mrs. Cox.

There are many more advantages of drinking tea. This includes reducing the risk of having a stroke or heart attack. Tea may also boost the immune system to a healthier state.

Health Line’s, Kris Gunnar, shares “Green tea has been shown to boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term, although not all studies agree.”

The tea industry is a very diverse community. Astonishingly, over 1.42 million pounds of tea are consumed in the United States every day. Our state, South Carolina is the only state that has a major tea plantation. It produces the brand American Classic, which has been the official White House tea since 1987. This healthy, spiritual drink can really benefit people in miraculous ways.

Tea, anyone?

“Life is like a cup of tea, to be filled to the brim and enjoyed with friends.” – Unknown   

About the Writer
Rebekah Anderson, Staff Writer

Junior Rebekah Anderson loves to write stories and is also involved in musical theater. Her favorite subject in school is science. She was a part of broadcasting...

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

History Has Its Eyes On Lin Manuel

• News

Surprising Facts about Valentine’s Day

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

You Must Be Dreaming!!!

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

Sharks? In Myrtle Beach?

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

Teens+Food=Money

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

Amazing Indoor Amusement Parks

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

A Memorable Meeting

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

Benefits of Essential Oils

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

Hollywood Studios Becomes Bigger and Better

• Tea and Its Benefits

News

All “Groan” Up – The Quarter-Life Crisis

Tea and Its Benefits