• May 16Spring Blood Drive

• May 14Spring Art Show

• May 10Start of Spring Show Choir Shows

Panthers Gather Standing Ovations at Benefit Show

Alexis Acree, Staff Writer

Annually, Carolina Forest’s Showcase Show Choir alternates between a trip to New York City and Disney World to compete with other schools across the country and see Broadway shows. This trip can be costly for students to pay for out-of-pocket. In order to help fund this pricey excursion, the group puts on performances in which the proceeds go towards paying for the students’ trips.

This particular show’s title was “Broadway Bound.” Fitting, the performers sang songs straight out of Broadway musicals, such as, “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid and “Defying Gravity” from Wicked. The crowds filled with joy as they advanced from song to song.

Junior Avri Lloyd enjoyed the performance. “It was really entertaining and they did a great job with the song selection!”

Fourth year member of Showcase, Brandon Garris says he first got interested in the group when he “watched a show performed here at CF and fell in love.”

Show choir describes themselves as a family and sophomore Arianna Giannuzzi shares, “My favorite part about being in show choir is being surrounded by people who love and support me.”

Show Choir will be performing the Broadway musical, “Newsies” in late March. Tickets are available at cfhsperformingarts.com.

About the Writer
Alexis Acree, Staff Writer

Junior Alexis Acree  is a first year member of The Prowler. She is heavily involved with the drama department at CFHS. She enjoys meeting new people...