Future Farmers of America

Here at Carolina Forest High School, there are several ways for students to get involved in their school. Froms clubs to sports, students have a variety of things to choose from when deciding which extracurricular  groups to join.

While sports require more effort to be a part of due to try-outs and practices, clubs are an awesome way to participate in activities and show school spirit. With a range of clubs from honors societies to service organizations, there is a club for each and every person here at CFHS. However, many of our clubs are unknown to students.

One club that is commonly overlooked is FFA, which stands for Future Farmers of America. In order to join FFA, you must have taken at least one agriculture class here at CFHS and pay the $20 fee that is nationally required.

When asked about FFA, member Hayden Hughes says, “FFA is a great experience to learn personal achievement skills and public communication. It’s great to work within the community with my friends to make money for our organization and gain service experience. My favorite part is the leadership opportunities that come alongside being a member.”

In FFA, members conduct plant sales, learn about modern agriculture travel across the state for leadership and knowledge opportunities, and visit areas to help and volunteer. FFA members have the choice to attend national and state conventions. Advantages that come with being a member are going on several field trips, gaining knowledge of agriculture and college scholarships.

When asked about her favorite part of FFA, member Emma Dunn said, “Being involved in modern agriculture is my favorite part.”

Hughes also shared, “Students should join FFA because it allows for students to participate in events that push you to work hard and maintain good grades.”

Emma Dunn encourages others to join because “it allows an easy way to meet new friends and build relationships.”

If you are interested in joining FFA, contact Mr.Strickland at [email protected] .