• May 16Spring Blood Drive

• May 14Spring Art Show

• May 10Start of Spring Show Choir Shows

Jobs for Younger Teens

Braylyn Bridges, Staff Writer

When I was 14-years-old, I was ready for my first job at McDonald’s. I was really excited that I got the job and ready to work for money. I worked there over two years, but I was also ready to advance my job career because I really wanted to experience something different.

14 and 15-year olds are lucky to get hired so they can earn some money to save up to pay for food, clothing and other things.

Great jobs for 14-and-15 year olds include:

• Busser: A busser works in restaurants and clearing all of the utensils and drink cups from the tables; they wipe down the tables and help carry out food to the tables.
  • Dishwasher: A dishwasher works and clean all the dishes and cookware in restaurants.
  • Host/Hostess:They greet the customers, take them to their table and hands out menus. They sometimes let them know about specials.

A survey was given to a group of our ninth graders about their jobs.

Davon McFadden said he works at Mcdonald’s, and his summer dream job is to be a lifeguard because “ my body is right and tight. ’’

Jordan Hale shared that she works at Tantalizing in Carolina Forest in the Taverns. Her summer dream job would be an ice cream shop  “ I love ice cream and it’s probably always cold in there. She also wants to teach little kids how to tumble. ‘’

Having a summer job is a great way to meet new people and save up some spending money.  It’s also beneficial at building a person’s character and helping them to be more responsible.  

About the Writer
Braylyn Bridges, Staff Writer

Braylyn Bridges is a proud Junior at Carolina Forest High.   He likes to learn more in class with video editor. Braylyn was born in Columbi,a SC and...

Jobs for Younger Teens