A Ray of Hope at Conway Medical Center

Braylyn Bridges, Staff Writer

On April 3, 2020, people of all ages gathered at Conway Medical Center and other area medical facilities for a worship and prayer service for all of the patients, nurses, doctors, and staff members in the buildings. For many of the individuals, it was a time to also pray for our nation for God to see us through this tragic and chaotic time.  

A few people who hosted the gathering were Cecily Hennigan, Jordan King and Rasheed Washington. Hennigan, who has become an honorary member of Carolina Forest High School’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes this past year, knew that she wanted to reach out to our community.  Inspired by viewing a Tik Tok of a similar event, Hennigan and her friends wanted to bring some positivity to the Grand Strand area.  It turned out to be much more. 

People from all our surrounding areas, keeping their social distance, listened to the music and sang while stretching their arms towards the hospital.  Prayers were whispered, and smiles were shared as the parking lot became packed with Horry County residents.   

Cecily Hennigan shares, “ After praying at CMC, I felt a sense of peace. I truly felt like the Lord was smiling down on us all and thanking us for loving His children! It was just a beautiful scene of people setting themselves aside to care for others and in times like now, it’s important for us to care for one another! I felt like the community was bonding even more after praying together like that on Friday! Such an incredible worship experience and moment of release and comfort! ” 

All of us need to continue with ways to spread happiness and some light through this time of struggle.  There are many things we can do, like Cecily Hennigan and her friends, to be rays of hope.