A Pandemic to Remember

Liam Kenny, Staff Writer / Media Production

The past two years have been very rough for the whole entire world as the COVID-19 virus rapidly started to spread across the globe. It has been an emotional roller coaster for millions of people across the world. 

This pandemic has affected so many schools around the globe that has caused many students to not perform as well and negatively affect their grades. Some colleges / universities do not require students to take the SAT/ACT, because of the pandemic. According to USNews, COVID “upended numerous facets of higher education, such as in-person instruction, the college admissions cycle and entrance exams such as the ACT and SAT. There are so many students who are not “test takers,” and making test scores optional allows these students to have a better chance at being accepted. There are presently 1,686 schools that have put this into place.

“The pandemic has affected my personal life negatively and positively. It caused me to have a large amount of anxiety about things I didn’t even know I could be anxious about, such as leaving the house, going to school, going to the store, simple things. In the positive way, it has taught me to be thankful for simple everyday things that we are/were able to do,” Jenna Graziano expressed.

Throughout this pandemic, it has affected so many people in various different ways. Thousands of people have lost their jobs or have been switched to working remotely from home. 

The COVID-19 pandemic has also affected my life in a lot of positive and negative ways. Some ways that the pandemic has had a positive effect on my life is it allowed me to grow closer to my family. On the other hand, the pandemic has also had a negative effect on my life as well. My family and I have all tested positive within the past year.   Thankfully, my brother and I only had very minor symptoms, but my mother experienced much worse symptoms.

Here is an interesting fact about what could happen this year! CNBC states, “Experts say that Covid will likely lose its “pandemic” status sometime in 2022, due largely to rising global vaccination rates and developments of antiviral Covid pills that could become more widespread next year.” 

The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the lives of billions of people across the globe in several negative and positive ways. Personally, I now realize how important it is to cherish the time we have with our loved ones so we can create memories that last a lifetime.