Apple or Android?

Over the last decade, technology has become a huge concept in the world. We use it for many different things, including keeping in touch with friends and family members, playing online games and staying up to date on things happening around the world. Throughout the past 20 years, our mobile devices have become a huge part of our everyday lives. They are small enough to carry around, slip into our pockets and make life easier in general.

The most popular types are Apple and Android devices. 

According to a recent study involving Carolina Forest High School students,  Apple iPhones are preferred over other types.

Apple was founded in April of 1976 in Los Altos, California and has a net worth of $2.580 trillion US dollars. This company designs, manufactures, and markets smartphones, personal computers, tablets, wearables and accessories. Some of Apple’s most popular products include the iPhone, Mac, iPad and Apple Watch. Something interesting about Apple is that it has more money than the US government!

Senior Joshua Williams has an Apple iPhone, which he prefers over an Android device.

“I like Apple iPhones because I feel that it has a better camera, more features, new software updates and a nice screen,” Williams stated.

Android was created in September of 2008. This company was developed by Google and is a mobile operating system that is mostly used for  creating touchscreen devices, cell phones and tablets. 

According to hollywoodzam.com, Android’s net worth is more than $3 billion US dollars, which has surpassed Windows XP, the most popular operating system. Something interesting about this company is that Android’s Google Store has more than 48 billion apps installed in it. Best of all, most of them are free of cost.

While the majority of students at Carolina Forest High School have Apple iPhones, some students prefer Android phones. 

Junior Shenniyah Barber prefers using her Android device rather than using an Apple device.

“I like Android devices because they don’t break easily,” Barber stated.

While some people prefer Apple devices over Android devices or vice versa, others have gone from one kind of device to another.

One of our staff members at Carolina Forest, Pamela Brown, used to have an Android device but now has an Apple device.

“The change occurred for me because my seven-year-old niece, who is the love of my life, told me she wanted to Facetime me and not have to download a separate app. I was due for an upgrade, so I gave it a try. I still prefer Android over Apple, but I’d rather use the same system the majority of the people I communicate with are using,” Brown shared.

Cell phones and technology have come a long way over the past decades. Go back 30 years ago and touch screen devices were not even invented. Humans used radios or devices such as walkie talkies to hear about the different news stories going on as well as communicating with others. Until someone comes up with a new and better way to communicate online, Apple and Android will always be at battle!