The Holiday Spectacular!

The “Holiday Spectacular,” presented by The Carolina Forest Show Choirs, was on December 9 and 10 at 7pm and December 11 at 3pm. It was a very successful weekend! 

Students spent many hours perfecting their amazing holiday show. There was myriad of classical and contemporary Christmas songs such as “Holly Jolly Christmas,” “Santa Rockin’ Round the Clock Tonight,” “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas,” “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” and many more, including some amazing solos performed by members of the Show Choir. 

Jessica Hawver, the choreographer for Show Choir and alumna of CFHS, explained, “This is my 13th year teaching this choreo, and I’m thankful to still be a part of this process. It just doesn’t feel like Christmas time without the CFHS holiday show.” 

Julianna Maruo, a junior in Show Choir, expressed, “I am so excited to blow away the audience with our show because we have worked so hard to make it look amazing. We only had a month and a half to create this, and I think that is super impressive! I hope they all enjoy it!”

It may be intimidating for incoming freshmen or sophomores who recently joined Show Choir because of its legacy. Carolina Forest High School has been known for extravagant Show Choir performances and has won many awards. Kraig McBroom is our extremely renowned performance director and has worked at Carolina Forest for 22 years. He has made his mark on Show Choir and the school. 

“When it comes to performances, they work really hard, especially for the holiday show. I love the music and the choreography, but all in all, I love the spirit of the show. It reminds me of what a perfect Christmas would be like,” said Kraig McBroom. 

Nickson Hamm, a sophomore in ShowCase, shared some of the difficulties he faced when preparing for the show. 

“The hardest part before a show is the night before when you have to stay at rehearsal from 3:45 to 8:30 pm, cleaning things up.” 

Joining Showcase is not only impressive but it also offers many learning opportunities, and it’s a great place to make friends. 

“Ever since I joined Showcase, I have felt more confident and have expanded my social circle vastly,” said Daniel Hartford, a sophomore in ShowCase.

Micheal (Bo) Leonardo, a senior in ShowCase added, ”Show Choir has started long lasting friendships and gave me many opportunities I didn’t think I’d be able to have. It gave me a place where I was free to be myself and it gave me a cool nickname of ‘Bo’.”

Show Choir is a major part of Carolina Forest High School’s history. Generations have always enjoyed the performances that are put on each year. During the second semester the Show Choirs will be having a benefit show, “Broadway Bound,” on February 3, 4, and 5. Tickets are now available at the link below. Also, don’t miss the performance of “42nd Street” on March 22-26. Tickets will be available starting January 2, 2023. Thank you for supporting our Drama teams and Show Choirs. 

www.CFHSPerformingArts.com