Top Five Spring Break Destinations

Emily Waters, Staff Writer/Media Producer

With Spring Break right around the corner, many students already have plans such as traveling, working, tanning, and shopping.

According to U.S.News, the top five places most visited during Spring Break are Cancun, Miami Beach, Jamaica, South Padre Island, and Cabo San Lucas. 

Cancun, located in southeast Mexico, offers a relaxing white sandy beach with a stunning view.  It also has a variety of  different excursions, including day trips to idyllic spots, jet skiing, parasailing, and relaxing spas. The water there is crystal clear with pretty blue skies and white clouds. 

Miami Beach is the second most visited place during spring break.  Miami is mainly known for their beach and shopping. This area has an upscale shopping center, spas, fancy restaurants with music, surfing, and kayaking.  

Jamaica is the third most visited place; it is so unique in its own way. For example, they offer experiences you’ll never forget like dozing on the beach or hiking up a mountain, exploring underwater caves, playing a round of golf, and even exploring Dunn’s River Falls and Park. Along with this experience, you will never be disappointed in the views or sunsets. 

Fourth is South Padre Island, Texas. Many college students travel here to enjoy their relaxing time by hanging out with friends, swimming in the water, and partying. South Padre Island is all about the water, so if you don’t like the water this place isn’t for you. South Padre Island includes the following: boating, fishing, diving, surfing, kiteboarding, and simply lying down on the beach.

Lastly, Cabo San Lucas, at the southern tip of Baja California Peninsula, is the fifth most visited place. Although the beaches here are a little dangerous because of the strong rip currents, they offer amazing golf courses with pretty views all along the way. Cabo San Lucas is also known for its little town and the amazing local shops. 

It doesn’t take traveling to a far away place for students to have a fun, relaxing week.  

Thomas Smith, a senior, stated, “I am traveling to New York. I am most excited to get out of the South Carolina traffic.” 

Sophomore, Chloe Day, commented, “I am traveling to Miami Beach, Florida, for Spring Break. I am excited to tan on the beach and eat some good food.” 

No matter what your plans are for spring break, it will be nice to enjoy some time for self-care and decompressing before the last couple months of spring semester.

Picture Credit: Google