Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Ella Monday
Ella Monday
Staff Writer/ Media Production

Hi! My name is Ella Monday, and I am a junior. This is my first semester on The Prowler, and I am super excited to see what this semester brings. I run track and cross country for CF, and I am a Teacher...

Is Taylor Swift Worth the Hype?

Is Taylor Swift Worth the Hype?

Over the past month Taylor Swift has continued to take the world by storm with the release of the “Taylor Swift | The Eras Movie,” her relationship with Travis Kelce, her appearance on “Saturday Night Live” and the launch of the Taylor’s Version “1989” album. The media has been filled with Taylor Swift news flashes.

But is Taylor Swift really worth the hype?

Even with the ending of the North America “Eras” Tour, Swift still maintains a spotlight from the media. The release the “Taylor Swift | The Eras Movie,” led many fans flocking to watch the tour on the big screen. The movie recreated the whole concert experience as fans dressed up, sang and traded friendship bracelets just like in the live “Eras” tour.  This concert movie experience is on track to be one of the biggest films of 2023. According to “Variety Magazine, ” the “Taylor Swift | The Eras Movie” made 123.5 million its first weekend. 

“Seeing the tour in theater was a great experience but not as good as seeing it in person,” added, Isabella Richards, a sophomore Carolina Forest. 

It seems right now everything Swift touches turns to gold. This is even true with her new boyfriend, Travis Kelce. He plays for the Kansas City Chiefs. As Swift sits in the skybox and cheers during his games, the media gravitates towards her instead of the actual game. This is causing quite a stir in the NFL world. It has gone even further with Simone Biles asking her husband, Jonathan Owens who plays for the Green Bay Packers, if the NFL could set up a meet and greet with Swift. Swift’s fame and status is drawing a lot of attention from her fans and is taking away news media coverage from the football game. Football fans are not amused with Swift being the center of the sporting event. This is a bit of a tarnish to her stardom.

Preston Payne, a senior at Carolina Forest added, “I understand that she is bringing in more fans and money to the football games, so I know why she is getting the attention at the games.”

Swift opened for “Saturday Night Live” for its 49th season as a surprise guest with Pete Davidson. Swift and Kelce made a skit poking fun at the mania of attention surrounding her by attending the football games. This appearance was met with a lot of support from her fans, but it did create controversy with the NFL fans.

There was lots of excitement with the release of “Taylor’s Version 1989” album on October 27.  This is be the fourth album Swift has re-recorded and re-released as part of a project that aims to give Swift more control over her first six albums. The first three albums all opened at number 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. Taylor’s Version“1989” album is projected to be her most popular album to date. 

In one month, Taylor Swift seems to have accomplished more than many artists accomplish in a lifetime.