Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Audrey Austin
Audrey Austin
Staff Writer/ Media Producer

Hi! My name is Audrey Austin! I am a senior at CFHS, and this is my first year on The Prowler. I am a member of NEHS, SNHS, our school's lacrosse team, and a Teacher Cadet. I enjoy things like reading,...

Trendy Gifts for Teenagers

As the upcoming holiday season is approaching, many times teenagers would like gifts that keep up with the trends. However, the gifts that girls want are different from what the boys would like.

This season, the top ten trending gifts for girls according to “glamour.com” are Laneige skin care, Ugg slippers, airpods, Birthdate Co. candles, Lululemon belt bag, satin bedcare sets, Stanley cups, jewelry, Sol de Janeiro, and athletic clothing, such as Gymshark.

The trending gifts for boys, according to “The Strategist,” include Yeezy slides, JBL or Bose speakers, PS5, XBox Series X, Nintendo Switch, Gaming headset, iPhone, video games, Nike hoodies, and sweatpants. 

According to Google, the number one gift for girls is skincare. The number one gift for boys is anything with electronics. 

While researching some credible sources, such as parents.com most parents budget $220 for each child for the holiday season. However, most parents try to keep it below $100. 

Sophomore Anna Kate Hamilton comments, “I really want mini ultra Uggs so I can keep up with the trends like all my friends.”

Over 20 years ago in the early 2000s, many of the trends included The Sims, Furby, iPod, Bop it, Bratz dolls, Razor Scooter, Heelys, a secret journal, Nintendo DS, and Playstation 2. Over time the popular and trendy gifts changed drastically.

An English teacher, Marceil Turner, expressed, “I remember on Christmas morning I woke up; I had gotten a razor scooter, and I was so excited to zoom around the neighborhood with my friends.” 

However, it’s not all about the gifts. The holiday season is about gathering with friends and family. It’s also a time to be positive and persevere with everything you have. 

“I really just want good quality time with family this year,” senior Radek Beane stated. 

Picture Credit: Google