Wrapping up Sweetheart Week

Hannah Ali, Staff Writer

Carolina Forest High School’s February started off with a bang: Sweetheart Week! With class competitions each day, spirits were high, and we swept into the weekend with a final pep rally.

The daily events included dress-up and class competition days.  Monday’s theme was Mathletes vs Athletes; Tuesday was Character Day; Wednesday was Status Day; Thursday was Love Hurts, and Friday was Pink/Red out Day, along with a huge pep rally in the gym for most of last block.  Class competitions were held in the cafeteria during lunch each day. During the pep rally on Friday, the two most anticipated events took place: kissing the pig and crowning the Sweetheart King and Queen!

Kiss the Pig was one of the most entertaining events about the week, as students had a hand in choosing the unfortunate soul who would have to, you guessed it, kiss a pig. Students were asked to fill up a jar with their chosen teacher’s name on it to vote. The jar that was most full was taken and the winner was revealed to be Mrs. Beattie! The eccentric math teacher took the task in stride, daring to place a kiss right on the pig’s sniffling snout.

While kissing pigs can always be fun, anticipation built throughout the week to find out our King and Queen. Students voted for their favorite couple by completing a survey sent to their emails a week before.

The couples who participated in the competition included the following people: Conner Meehan and Avery Campbell, Dale Blair and Jasmine Prine, Tommy Schubert and Tianna Adams, Jalin Emmen and Kristen Turvey, Patrick Miele and Gabi Everhart, Chattan Johnson and Lila Myers, Brendan Meehan and Madison Powell, Fabio Najjar and Kaitlyn Andersen, Jacobo Gomez-Aristizabal and Danielle Sirico, Matthew Fowler and Kiersten Wisuri, and Dalton Ward and Alexia Foreman.

Winners for the King and Queen were Patrick Miele and Gabi Everhart! Congratulations to our two seniors for winning Sweetheart King and Queen!

Sweetheart Week caused the entire school to start off February with a smile, so while the events might be over, just remember the good times and the fun they brought. Let’s end February the way we started: with a bang!