CFHS at the High School Juried Art Show!

Mayhem by Sarah Sheely

Hannah Ali, Staff Writer

Every year, the Burroughs and Chapin Art Museum hosts the High School Juried Art Show to give students the ability to have their art showcased and judged. This year, the art show was held on Sunday, April 22 from 1 p.m to 3 p.m. Artists were recognized for their talent in 2D and 3D artwork. There was also an award for Best in Show and Judge’s Choice. Honorable mentions were handed out as well.

Students who participated were from Horry County and Georgetown County. They submitted over 300 pieces this year, and out of all the artwork submitted, only 90 pieces found a spot inside the museum. Carolina Forest High School is proud to say that ten of the pieces chosen were brought to life by the hands of the art students at our school. Two of those ten pieces were announced as winners in the awards ceremony.

Sarah Sheely, a senior and previous art show winner at Carolina Forest’s Spring Show of 2018, entered her multimedia piece titled Mayhem. Out of all the many participants, Sarah went home with the title of Honorable Mention for the Judge’s Choice Award! The acknowledgement and praise for her amazing piece was well-deserved. Congratulations, Sarah!

Hannah Ali, a sophomore and previous art show winner at Carolina Forest’s Fall Show of 2017, entered her charcoal piece titled Hidden. Judged and compared against every piece entered into the museum, Hannah was awarded with Best in Show, bringing home prize money worth $200!

“Hannah is an extremely talented artist and writer,” shared Ms. Twigg, one of Hannah’s teachers. “I’m proud to have her on The Prowler staff!”

Congratulations to the two artists once again. Carolina Forest is proud to have such talent stemming from the school, now and in the future!