Welcome, Panthers!

Welcome, Panthers!

Shelbi Ankiewicz, Staff Editor

Dear Fellow Peers,

Welcome to the 2018-19 school year. It is time to reminisce about summer and prepare for school. Since high school is a new experience for some and everyone needs pep talks to get back into the swing of things…

Freshmen,

1. Do not be afraid to ask for help. If you are struggling with something or cannot find your way around campus, anyone will be happy to help.
  2. One test grade does not determine your future! If you scored poorly on a test, do not freak out. Just take a mental note of it and study more next time.
  3. Have school spirit!! Attend the football games, participate in Homecoming and Sweetheart Week; it will make your high school years a lot more fun!

Sophomores,

1. Get involved! Find a club that sparks your interest or try out for a sport. By now, you all know your way around the campus. Embrace what it has to offer.
  2. Challenge yourself by taking AP and Honor courses.
  3. Study for your driver’s test. This is the time most students are 15-years-old, so start preparing for the rules of the road. Goodluck!

Juniors,

1. Study and prepare for the ACTs/SATs. This is a big year for testing. Do not stress out too much. Just be confident in your abilities.
  2. Start searching for colleges and scholarships. It is best to do this before senior year, so it is one less thing to worry about.
  3. Do not procrastinate! Keep your grades up! Junior year is important for your future.   

Seniors,

1. Ask your teachers for college recommendation letters early! Do not wait until the end of the school year when everything is chaotic.
  2. Do not allow senioritis to get in the way! It is your last year; keep up your grades. You are almost there!
  3. Lastly, thank your teachers and look back at your high school memories. You only experience high school once, and soon is will be time to prepare for the next chapter.

Now that you all have tips on how to survive this school year… let’s “smove” into the new year!

Love, The Prowler Staff