Teacher of the Year

Emma Hamilton, Media co-assistant editor

Our 2018 Carolina Forest High Teacher of the Year is Tracy Stroud. She is also one of Horry County’s Top 10 Semi-Finalist for the District Teacher of the Year.  Ms. Stroud teaches AP Spanish and Spanish. She fell in love with Spanish in college and attended many Spanish culture nights. That’s where she fell in love with the culture and the people. 

“Teaching Spanish is an avenue to allow me to be involved in the students’ lives,” states Stroud.

She has been teaching for 23 years. Stroud’s favorite part about teaching is getting to know her students on a personal level and sharing her personal stories and life lessons that will help and carry them further along the way.  Stroud has coached softball and volleyball, as well as girls varsity basketball and varsity softball. Outside of teaching, Ms. Stroud loves to spending time with her family, traveling, playing golf, reading, and cheering on the Gamecocks.

Ms. Stroud shares some qualities that contributed to her being nominated as Teacher of the Year, “I always emphasize the importance of being good people. You don’t always have to be the perfect student, but you want to always make sure you are kind, loving, tolerant, accepting, and forgiving of others.”

Stroud also likes to attend in and after school events, as well as give students a voice. Before Stroud switched her major to education, she wanted to be a child phycologist. She knew she wanted to work with children in some capacity.

“I would not want to be anything other than a Panther!” Stroud added.