• May 16Spring Blood Drive

• May 14Spring Art Show

• May 10Start of Spring Show Choir Shows

Hooked On Dylan Scott

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hooked On Dylan Scott

Emma Hamilton, Media co-assistant editor

On Friday, February 22, my friends and I danced and sang the night away at the Dylan Scott concert located at The House Of Blues in North Myrtle Beach.

Dylan Scott is an American country music singer and a songwriter. He and his wife, Blair, got married in 2016 and have a two-year-old son, Beckett. On July 11, 2016, Scott released his first number one hit in the Country Airplay Chart. “My Girl” was written by Scott himself, staying on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart for 46 weeks.

Before Dylan Scott performed, Seth Ennis warmed the crowd up with an amazing performance. Ennis writes some of his own songs and can also play the drums. Ennis was very entertaining and energetic; he did a great job opening up for Scott. I personally would go see him again!

Seconds before Dylan Scott walked on the stage, a countdown was set on the screens above us. You could almost feel the moments ticking by when the crowd started the countdown. Scott’s first song he sang, “Hooked,” warmed up the crowd for an exciting night.

Dylan Scott performed covers of older country music dating all the way back to Keith Whitley and George Strait. This talented singer sang both pop and country songs. He performed “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas and has also created his own cover of “Eastside,” which is originally sung by Halsey and Khalid.

Towards the end of the concert, Dylan Scott invited Seth Ennis to join him back on the stage. They both sang a few songs together, and Ennis even did the worm across the stage!

Overall, I loved this concert. I found a few friends towards the front of the stage, made my way to them and ended up being right in front of the stage. Dylan Scott and his band did an amazing job. I rate this concert, along with Dylan Scott, a 10 out of 10 and recommend anyone to listen to him. Even if you don’t like country, he has some covers of pop songs. He definitely will make you country-haters believe in country again!

• Hooked On Dylan Scott

Editorials & Reviews

Graffiti: Vandalism or Art?

• Hooked On Dylan Scott

Editorials & Reviews

Summer Movie Bucket List!

• Hooked On Dylan Scott

Arts & Entertainment

The Show Must Go On: Queen is Back

• Editorials & Reviews

• Hooked On Dylan Scott

Editorials & Reviews

Shark Finning

• Editorials & Reviews

My Major Concerns about the World

• Hooked On Dylan Scott

Editorials & Reviews

Catcalling: It’s Harassment, Not Flirting

• Hooked On Dylan Scott

Editorials & Reviews

Homecoming

• Editorials & Reviews

History

• Hooked On Dylan Scott

Editorials & Reviews

Jonas Brothers Reunited

Hooked On Dylan Scott