What It’s Like To Work In A Newspaper Class Full Of Girls?

Braylyn Bridges, Staff Writer

When I first came to The Prowler, I was nervous. I thought to myself, “What kind of class is this?’’ After walking into Tech 3, all I saw were girls. I was hoping there would be more boys in the class, but I was wrong. My nerves took over until my friend Kat Turner acknowledged me, and everyone chimed in with their hellos.

I am a laid-back guy who doesn’t participate in “girly’’ chat. I listen to them talk about boy problems, school, and relationships. As I listen to them talk, it makes me wonder sometimes  if I should even be in this class! On the other hand, being around a group of great girls is not that bad.

I have connected with all the girls in my class. We have become ONE Prowler family I love this class because it make me well-known and happy to tell my awesome stories about the world and Carolina Forest High School. I didn’t know if this class was going to work; I do not have much experience with writing.   It was good for the guidance counselors to put me in this  class with all the girls so they can keep me straight. There are some positives that come from being in a class full of girls. I’ve learned how to keep women happy, advice on dating, and how to be more sensitive.

This class has shown me that we were all writers on the inside. If there was one thing I would change, it would be having more males in the class. I’m glad that I now have newspaper experience because it will look good on my college applications.