The Inspiration Club

The Inspiration Club

Kaya Perry, Co-Editor

The Inspiration Club does many things to lift the spirits of the students here at Carolina Forest High School. They create youth awareness campaigns on topics such as Sickle Cell Disease and teen runaway prevention. The Inspiration Club works to make CFHS an inclusive environment for all students. They’re also the masters behind the sticky notes with uplifting messages on them.

This club is great for students who want to voice their opinion, but do not have an outlet. Monica Brisbon started the Inspiration Club because she wanted to be able to provide that outlet to these students. 

“I am a firm believer of being the change you want to see in the world. I instill this into each member and encourage the Inspiration Club as well as my students to think about their legacy and how they wish to be remembered. It starts each day with every choice you make,” added Brisbon. 

Junior Caelia Allen joined the club during her freshman year; she’s learned many different ways to help her community and raise awareness for concerns that are often overlooked in society.

“My favorite aspect of being in Inspiration Club is knowing that I possibly made a small difference to someone somehow and having a sense of school community,” explained Allen. 

February is Black History Month, and the Inspiration Club is hosting various activities to raise awareness. 

Teachers can enter the Black Innovators Door decorating Contest to possibly win a 60 minute Swedish Massage. Students have the chance to a $50 cash prize if they enter the Black Innovators poster contest. Doors and posters must be finished by Tuesday, February 25.

The Inspiration Club’s third annual “Open Mic”  will be held in the cafeteria during lunch on Friday, February 27. Sign-ups are in Ms. Brisbon’s room, A101. It’s to celebrate African-American legends, innovators and trendsetters from the past or present.

If you are interested in joining this club, visit Ms. Brisbon. They only have six members, and they’re always open to having more!