A Homecoming To Remember

Avery Campbell, Media Editor

During the week of November 6, Carolina Forest is having a “Homecoming For The Decades.” Every year our Student Council organizes a Homecoming Parade and Homecoming Court for the football game on Friday along with a Spirit Week.

Starting on Sunday before the Homecoming game, Student Council members, as well as anyone who wants to join, decorates their assigned hall and golf cart according to their theme. On the Friday of the game, there is a parade to display the hard work put into the golf carts and to recognize the Homecoming Court. The court includes each class with a prince and princess, and of course, a Homecoming King and Queen.

According to the Student Council supervisor, Mrs. Bane, “We are still going to do everything we normally do; we’re just going to have to get creative with how we can while still following the guidelines put in place to keep us safe! The only difference is this year we are going to have our parade around the football field.”

Hallway decorating will be held Sunday, November 1 from 11-6 pm. Student Council will need all hands on deck. If you are interested in helping out, contact Mrs. Bane or any Student Council member.

This year’s themes are going to be the following: Freshmen: 90s; Sophomores: 60s; Juniors: 50s; Seniors; 80s.

Spirit week themes: Monday: Theme Day (dress up as your decade); Tuesday: No School; Wednesday: Wacky Wednesday; Thursday: Mathletes vs. Athletes; Friday: Black Out Day (wear your Homecoming shirt). Make sure you dress up every day and plan your outfits ahead of time.

Homecoming court nominations will be taken via email the week of October 12-15.

“I am most excited for the school spirit during Homecoming because our student body comes together and makes that week of school, leading up to the football game, super fun and hype,” says Student Body President Ashtyn Perry.

Homecoming week is one of the best weeks in the school year, and everyone should participate. It makes being a part of Carolina Forest that much more fun and exciting. Every class gets participation points for dressing up and the winning class gets the 2020 Homecoming Spirit Stick. Be sure to have fun, dress up, and stay safe this Homecoming.

If you have any questions regarding Student Council or Homecoming, please contact Avery Campbell ([email protected]), Ashtyn Perry ([email protected]), or Mrs. Bane ([email protected]).