Living an Ideal Life

Getty Images/iStockphoto

silhouette of virtual human and nebula cosmos 3d illustration , represent scientific concept and brain creativity.

Triston Barefoot, Staff Writer

In today’s society everyone is chasing their dream whether it be fame, money or respect. We as the next leaders of the world are also chasing these goals to be content and happy, but are they achievable? 

According to Health Magazine, we only control 40% of what makes us happy while the other 60% is purely up to chance and our reactions to things and events that are out of our control. 

Personally, I believe that my idealistic life would be like one of those cheesy movies we all grew up watching. However, COVID has had other plans, but hope still exists.Whether it be materialistic or emotional needs that would help us achieve our idealistic life as long as we keep hope in our hearts, there’s a chance we will reach that life. 

Idriss Eldriss, a junior, says, “It’d be perfect if I have good faith with God, a certain girl I want, money, and to make my family proud.”

“I want to be able to make money, travel the world and be able to help others in need. Knowing that I helped other people is the only thing I would need to make my life perfect,” freshman Katie Burchinzsky shares.

Presently, my idealistic life would simply be making good grades getting scholarships and going to Horry Georgetown Tech. 

According to  Business Insider, most teenagers’ idealistic life simply comes from having money,  material objects, and love.What we have in common with adults and their idealistic life is most adults want love, too. 

So next time you’re thinking about the future, ask yourself what can make your life dream into reality?