Carolina Country Music Festival

Julianna Carnucci, Staff Writer

Myrtle Beach is full of fun activities to do throughout the summer. One large event that takes place in Myrtle Beach is the Carolina Country Music Festival. 

The Carolina Country Music Festival, also known as CCMF, is a four day country music festival that was brought to Myrtle Beach in June 2015. This past weekend (June 10-13), the event was at the Burroughs and Chapin Pavilion Place.

The first night was Thursday, which is the “kick-off” night. This night was sponsored by McDonald’s and features many fun activities. Thursday was the only day a single night ticket could be purchased. The main headliner for Thursday was Jake Owen, who released his first debut album in 2006 and ever since has continued to grow in popularity. 

Before the festival, Senior Sophie Gamble shared “I am so excited for CCMF! I am only going on Thursday because Jake Owen is my favorite artist. I am so happy I get to see him perform!”.

The festival has been going on for years now, and people look forward to the fun offered at the festival. There are normally about 30,000 attendees per year. 

This year, however, the Coronavirus impacted CCMF. The festival was originally planned for the month of June in 2020. Due to the emerging pandemic earlier that year, it was then rescheduled to September of 2020. After further consideration the organizers decided that June of 2021 would be the safest and most precautionary choice for the festival.

The other three nights were the main events of the festival. The headliners included Eric Church on Friday, Darius Rucker on Saturday, and Luke Combs on Sunday. There was also a plethora of other artists including Blanco Brown, Kelsie Ballerini, and Jordan Davis. 

Sophomore Max Stefanchik, commented “I’ve been going for the last five years, and I look forward to the festival every summer! It’s a good way to kick off summer.”

I attended all four nights of the festival. I thought they did a great job coming back from the long break due to the pandemic. All of the artists put on great shows, and everyone got very involved. Luke Combs was my personal favorite artist. I will definitely be attending CCMF next year!