Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff

Hey, Panthers! My name is Addy Fegley.  I am a junior, and this is my first semester on The Prowler. I enjoy working and spending time with family and friends. I love Disney, going to the beach, and watching...

CFHS’ Girls Lacrosse

Carolina Forest High School had an excellent lacrosse season last year with a W-L score of 14-3. We are a team of 24 members. As a team member, we worked extremely hard to have such a great season. Some things that come with playing lacrosse at CFHS are loyal friends, supportive coaches, and a fun competition.  I have played for the past four years and have learned many valuable lessons on and off the field. Each member has something to bring and offer that makes us the team and family that we are. 

For the spring season, we began conditioning in November of 2023. Our dedication seems to be paying off as we came out undefeated during Laxapalooza and won against Myrtle Beach with a score of 20-2. 

The Varsity team is coached by Sierra Billhimer and assisted by Natalie Money. Britni Fox coaches the Junior Varsity team. 

“I am extremely excited for the upcoming season! We are pretty young this year, but we have excellent team chemistry!” exclaimed Billhimer. “You need to get used to the actions of throwing and catching with a lacrosse stick because it is so much different than what people think.” 

On Feb. 10, 2024, our team had its first set of scrimmages, also known as Laxapalooza, and came out undefeated against three different teams: St. James High School, Socastee High School, and North Myrtle Beach High School. 

Amanda Macchio, a sophomore, was classified as the number one freshman in the nation for goals for the 2023 spring season. 

“It makes me feel that hard work pays off!” Macchio exclaimed. “It is super fun to play. We are all like a big family, and we stick together as a team.”

Alexis McCann, a senior, was rewarded a lacrosse scholarship from Coker University after playing for the CFHS lacrosse team for four years. 

“Lacrosse has provided me with a new family and memories I am so happy to have. You do not know what you’re missing out on, and there is always room for more people so just try it. It’s worth it, I promise.” McCann shared. 

Our team can’t wait for the upcoming season and what it has to bring. We are so excited to create and look back on memories from the past and future. As an underclassman, if you’re interested in becoming a member of the team for the next spring season, feel free to reach out to Sierra Billhimer in A House.

The next home game is on Feb 28, 2024, at 7:15 pm, against West Ashley, and we hope to see you there!