Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Lesley Medina
Lesley Medina
Staff Writer/Media Production

Hey, my name is Lesley! I'm a sophomore at CFHS. This is my first year on The Prowler. I'm on the CFHS dance team. I love to baking, hanging out with friends and family, singing, and dancing.  After graduation,...

Vacation to Europe

My love and passion for traveling is out of this world.  On June 27 of 2023, my family and I took a three-week trip to Europe.

I flew from Myrtle Beach International Airport to Chicago. From Chicago I flew on an eight and a half hour plane ride to France.. Once we landed, our nine-day journey in Paris began. During my time in France, I visited the Castle of Versailles, The Louvre, The Eiffel Tower, The Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral, The Seine River, and Moulin Rouge. I also took a day trip to Normandy and visited Caen Memorial Museum, Arromanches, Longues-Sur-Mer Battery, Normandy American Cemetery, Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, and La Cambe German War Cemetery. While exploring all around France, I ate many delicious pastries like macaroons, croissants, and ice cream. 

After my time in Paris, we took a fast train to Frankfurt International Airport located in Germany to visit family.  After getting off the train with our luggage, we headed to the car rentals where we rented a car and drove to my grandparent’s house. The last time I’ve seen my mom’s side of the family was almost a decade ago. Seeing them really warmed my heart.

While in Germany, we went to Wine Country, downtown Frankfurt, and many local towns. We caught up with a few family friends, and of course, saw all my aunts and uncles, some cousins, and my grandparents. In Germany I ate so much food that was so delicious and always had dessert. Many times we would get ice cream, slices of cakes, schokokuss (a small German wafer on the bottom with marshmallows on top covered in chocolate), and truffles. As we walked around the town, the air was filled with the smell of fresh baked pretzels, a slight breeze, and old vintage buildings. It really was like a different world over there. 

Once the two weeks in Germany came to an end, it was time to say our goodbyes.The next morning I woke up at five in the morning to head to the airport. As we loaded everything in the car and hugged our goodbyes, my grandma came over and squeezed me so tight. My mom and I kept ourselves from bawling until we sat in the car; then tears flowed.

When I arrived at home I started to unpack, relax, and reflect on my trip. Although I traveled to many different places during my trip, nothing beats seeing my family. It was an amazing trip that I’ll never forget, and I’m so grateful that I was able to go.