Best Fast Food

Meet the Staff
Taylor Sasser
Taylor Sasser
Staff Writer/ Media Producer

Hello! My name is Taylor Sasser, and I'm currently a junior. This is my first year on The Prowler, and I am so excited! I am a Panther Ambassador and a member of Anchor Club. Outside of school, I do theatre...

Panther Basketball

Carolina Forest High School has many different activities and sports to offer its students. One of the winter sports CF has is our boys and girls basketball. Both teams’ hard work and dedication is not going unnoticed. 

With games starting off as early as in November, the Lady Panthers have had a very successful and busy season so far with a record of 14-5! They have been playing hard and continuing to dominate The Forest. 

Sofia Morant, a senior who has been a part of CF basketball for the last four years, explained some of her feelings surrounding her last season with the team.

Morant shared, “It’s sad that it’s my last season, but I wouldn’t want to spend it with any other group of people.” 

The girls are supported by their coach, who has actually been playing basketball since she was in high school herself. Stacy Hughes is head coach for the Lady Panthers and will continue to be leading them through the rest of the season. 

Junior Brooke Geoghegan said that her favorite thing about being on the team was her chance to “be surrounded by so many amazing people.” 

Hopefully, the Lady Panthers will continue their incredible season until the middle of February, with their last game being on February 8 at 6pm.

Alongside the girls basketball team, the boys have also been busy and striving through their season. 

Phillip McClean, a senior, expressed that basketball isn’t just a game to him. 

“CF basketball is much more than just a team; it’s a family. A brotherhood you’ll always be a part of.” 

Emmanuel Dewalt is the coach and head of the boys basketball team. He has also been mentioned for the North-South All Star Game earlier this year. 

“We go out and compete together and learn how to deal with adversity, and handle success and failure,” commented Dewalt. 

Nick Zincone, a varsity sophomore starter, claims, “I am privileged to have the opportunity to be so young and be able to be on a team like this. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.” 

Don’t forget to come out and support your Panthers for the rest of the season. All information for games can be found on both of their Instagram accounts, as well as cfhspanthers.com.