Poll

This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?

Benefits of Working Out

Working out can provide many benefits to our health and well-being. Participating in daily exercises can help both physical appearance and mental health. 

Exercising is very important. According to research, an individual only needs 30 minutes of exercise per day, but the more you do, the healthier you’ll be. Most people who don’t exercise regularly end up with problems such as diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease.

Working out is also very good for mental health.When someone exercises, their brain releases a chemical called endorphins; what these do is it helps reduce stress and pain, it’s always released when doing something that gives pleasure. It can also increase a person’s self esteem and make them feel more confident and a lot healthier.

Sophomore Alyssa Wideman shares, “I have been going to the gym every other day after school, and I do agree that it does help increase mental health and it makes me feel a lot happier.”

Less than half of the American population exercise regularly, 21% being men and 19% being women. The Netherlands is currently ranked the country with the most active people, and also known for having some of the happiest people in the world. 

Most people workout for three main reasons: losing weight, gaining muscle, or to get their “dream body.” What they don’t know, though, is working out can help with this but dieting also plays a huge part. People could go to the gym every day for an hour, but if they have a horrible and unhealthy diet, there will be little to no progress.

Working out can positively change someone’s body, but it can also positively change one’s mindset. Overall, exercising is a wonderful thing, but just like everything else, too much can end up causing some damage to your body.