This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Splash into Summer!!

Summer water sports are very popular, especially near the beach and river! We have plenty of beach side stores and rentals that offer many water sports to tourists and locals during the summer or warmer seasons. 

Some of the most popular summer water activities include, kayaking, skiing, wakeboarding, kiteboarding/kitesurfing, surfing, paddle boarding, rafting, snorkeling, water skiing, scuba diving, kneeboarding, parasailing, banana boats, and bodyboarding.

These sports can be popular for students to partake in before or after school hours, and during the summer break. Most popular sports for students are mostly surfing, paddle boarding, and bodyboarding. 

Maggie Ward has experience paddle boarding.

Ward expressed, “Paddle boarding is so much fun! It can be an amazing source of relaxation and exercise.” 

Most people who begin surfing they’re regular season begins when it becomes warmer outside along with the water. Some will surf in the “off season” with a wetsuit but it is more popular during the summer. 

Surfing isn’t easy; it definitely takes a lot of skill and practice. Most people start off with paddling out and paddling back in. After they have the hang of that,they are likely to start attempting to stand up and attempt waves. 

Ellie Hedleston works at the Water Sports in the Grand Dunes Marina. 

“Working at a place that involves water and fun activities in the summer is so much fun and rewarding! Having a discount is nice too for my off days spent with friends!” said Hedleston.

One of the most popular places in Myrtle Beach to rent some of these activities are Downwind Sails Watersports, Myrtle Beach WaterSports, Island Adventure Watersports, Action Water Sportz, Crazy Watersports LLC, Aloha Watersports, Atlantic Water and Aloha Water.

In Myrtle Beach, we love the water and all the fun activities.

Picture Credit: Google