Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff
Audrey Austin
Audrey Austin
Staff Writer/ Media Producer

Hi! My name is Audrey Austin! I am a senior at CFHS, and this is my first year on The Prowler. I am a member of NEHS, SNHS, our school's lacrosse team, and a Teacher Cadet. I enjoy things like reading,...

Movie Melodies That Made It

Google

Movies can impact people in various ways because of the story line, characters, culture,values, and emotions. Social media, especially TikTok, has greatly influenced the popularity of certain songs in various movies. 

“Barbie” debuted in theaters on July 21, 2023. This movie is now known as one of the most female dominating movies of all time. The song that people took away from this movie was “I’m Just Ken,” sung by Ryan Gosling. A Tik Tok trend was made from this song/movie definitely helped make the song more popular. During the summer trend, boys would very dramatically sing/act out the song, and it went viral. Even people who hadn’t watched the movie had heard of the song. As of August of 2023, the song had over 100 million streams on Spotify and over 3 million views on Youtube. It won best song at the Critics Choice Awards in January. 

Avery Bender, an alumni from Carolina Forest, stated, “The song “I’m Just Ken” impacted my life because it had such great lyricism and was relatable. It was funny, and Ryan Gosling ate up his part.”

On December 22, 2023, the new “best rom-com” “Anyone but you” came out in theaters. The movie has become very popular; as of February 27, it surpassed $200 million at the box office. Main character Ben had a strong love for the song “Unwritten” in the film, and it became very important to the plot/character development of the movie. Natasha Bendingfield’s song went up 156 percent on the Billboard charts after the movie was released. The song peaked at number five for two weeks straight because of the many features in the rom-com. This song also blew up on Tik Tok, but in this trend, people are saying “Me after watching anyone but you” and dance very happily to the song “Unwritten.” At the People’s Choice Awards, Gwen Powell and Sydney Sweeney brought out Bedingfield to perform the song as a surprise. 

Senior Audrey Austin voiced, “After hearing this song, I immediately fell in love. Every time it plays I feel so free and happy.”

A new movie “Saltburn” was released on November 17, 2023. This movie became popular mostly because of Tik Tok. The song “Murder on the Dancefloor” by Sophie Ellis-Bexter took off. The song had more than 500,000 videos created with the trends that used the song. 

Junior Stephanie Nassrah expressed, “After watching the movie Salt burn anytime I hear the song, it causes me to think back to the scene in the movie.”

Songs can make or break a movie. Social media plays a huge role in the success of movies/songs because it helps reach so many people across the world. 

Picture Source: Google