This poll has ended.

What is #1 on your list for summer plans?

Denmark Students Visit The Forest

Going through a foreign exchange student program is very beneficial to those who are interested in traveling the world and seeing what other places have to offer. Being an exchange student can allow you to gain a greater understanding of the world and the people around you. It can provide you many ways to strengthen your international relationships with others. 

During the week of April 15, our school welcomed students from Denmark that had to take two plane rides here for a total of 11 hours. The students had so much to share with us about their country and practices. 

Isabella Maia Anastasia Laufey Otte Christensen, a student through the exchange student program, was excited to visit. 

“A big difference is that in my country you must be 17 to drive,” Christensen explains. “Since we’ve arrived, people are very nice, and everyone is very welcoming. We all love the weather.” 

Magne Madsen, another student through the program, shares his favorite things about America. 

“In Denmark it is very cold, so the weather is very nice,” Madsen expresses. “I would go to the beach more often if I lived down here.”

Many of the students shared some shocking facts that differ from America. For example, in Denmark, students are allowed to buy beer at school on Fridays due to the lack of a drinking age. You are allowed to leave class if you are fully finished with your work, and you stick with one class all day everyday while the teacher moves around.

Jay Philon, an English teacher at our school, oversees the program and all that it offers. 

The Exchange Student Program has been a great experience for not only the traveling students but also for the students at our school. It is great to get to know others and experience diverse cultures.