Poll

Best Fast Food

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silver Streams Submissions
The Silver Streams will be updated frequently and will highlight our students’ art and writing talent. In the link below, you may submit any artwork, photography, writings, and/or music that you would like to be featured in the our on-line literary magazine.
Note: If you would like your piece formatted a certain way, you may also provide a hard copy to Ms. Twigg’s room in Tech 3.
Submit your entries to the following:  [email protected], [email protected], OR complete the Google Form
Can’t Find Your Counselor?
Meet the Staff
Isabella Stachowiak
Isabella Stachowiak
Staff Writer/Media Producer

Hello! My name is Isabella Stachowiak, and I am currently a junior. This is my first year being on The Prowler, and I am so excited. I participate in many extracurriculars like cross country, track, and...

The Buc-ee’s Craze

Love it or hate it, Buc-ee’s, a viral, popular rest stop, is here to stay. Buc-ee’s have grown across southern parts of the United States. There are forty-five locations in seven states and thirty-eight cities. The South Carolina location is in Florence and opened in May of 2022.

In 1982, the famous Buc-ee’s was founded in Clute, Texas. The humongous gas station/rest stop got its name from the founder Arch “Beaver” Aplin. He combined his childhood nickname and the name of his Labrador Retriever, Buck. Also, he liked the look of the Ipana toothpaste’s animated mascot, Bucky the Beaver. 

So why is Buc-ee’s such a famous rest stop for travelers?

There is a Buc-ee’s clothing section with the beaver brand for men, women, children, and infants. There are an assortment of pajamas, sweatshirts, t-shirts, seasonal clothing, shorts, pants, swimsuits and so much more. There are even leashes, collars and clothes for cats and dogs. It all has the Beaver logo on them to easily spot a love for Buc-ee’s. The general store section is not branded with the famous beaver. This part of the store has a lot of decorations, outdoor accessories, and general store merchandise.

“Every time I go to Buc-ee’s I get overwhelmed by the amount of people, but I love seeing  Mr. Buc-ees and buying all their merch,” contributed, Jordan Stalher, a senior at Carolina Forest. 

Buc-ee’s has its own brand of different convenience store foods with the beaver logo as the center of everything. This is one entire section of the store (including candy, chips, drinks and sauces). Buc-ee’s has multiple  food stations with a full bakery, fudge station, jerky station, brisket station, hot nut station, beaver chips, fajitas and burritos. Also, there is a cold food station with salads, puddings,  and cookie dough.  Furthermore, there is a huge soda station to fill up drink cups. Buc-ee’s is branded throughout the store.

Jennifer Greeson, a business teacher at Carolina Forest added, “I really enjoyed visiting Buc-ee’s with my students and getting to try all the different branded snacks. Buc-ee’s does a really good job marketing their products. ”

They are maintained by full-time bathroom attendants and with plenty of bathroom stalls to choose from. There are anywhere from 100-200 gas pumps, depending on which location a traveler stops. Sprinkled throughout the store, there are cups and ornaments with the beaver logo on it.

Buc-ee’s is a wonderful place to work with cheerful employees yelling out welcome to Buc-ee’s. It pays all its employees a competitive salary with a base pay of $18 for their employees.

Over the past few decades, Buc-ee’s has become a very popular rest stop and novelty store for travelers to look forward to stopping in to gas up, use the restroom, eat, stock up on snacks, and get some Buc-ee’s gear for the road.